Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Monday, 19 March 2012

Exploring Iso-Surface generation in processing

Gerd Platl has done a great job creating an algebraic surface viewer in processing which can be seen in action at open processing. I have been hacking this sketch recently to export mesh2 objects to PovRAY using my povmesh library. Now this might seem entirely daft for at least two reasons:-
  1. Gerd has produced absolutely gorgeous graphics using the GLGraphics library
  2. There exist macros for creating isosurfaces in PovRAY
However I found the exercise a great way to explore using the toxiclibs library, further it possible to pre-process the mesh using the toxiclibs utilities (in the first instance I experimented with applying Laplace transforms).  Here is the result of one such surface smoothed using such transforms and exported to PovRAY, (I reduced the resolution from 100 to 64 in the sketch):-
"PG_Icosa_4 rendered in PovRAY"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2