Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Thursday, 19 January 2012

Twin toxiclibs Voxelizer sketches, united in one PovRAY scene

Most kudos to Karsten Schmidt for his excellent toxiclibs libraries. I have hacked the toxiclibs core library to export PovRAY mesh2, and I think the results are excellent. Here's toxi voxelizer sketch (well twice run actually) rendered with Povray 3.7 as red marble. The mesh2 matches PovRAY internals and render pretty quickly. This is the result of combing two "inc" one for each run of the processing sketch, into 1 pov file. Run was controlled by an ini file.  I know Karsten has experimented with Luxrender, but I like PovRAY the 3.7 beta version is multithreaded, and there is lot of stuff that is out there (textures/tutorials etc).
Read about the latest povmesh library here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2