Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Tuesday, 7 June 2011

PVector in pyprocessing

The class (static) methods of PVector are not supported in pyprocessing, in the following sketch PVector.add and PVector.mult have been replaced by using simple + and * operators, as suggested by Claudio Esperan├ža Warning you will need to to wait quite a bit for this sketch to render the first time you run it. The vanilla processing version renders much quicker by comparison. Attempts to optimize using the option -OO didn't do anything in my hands ie no *.pyo was created.

Update 18th of June 2011
Since version r89 (svn update) PVector class methods are supported, and the sketch seemed to load much quicker, but it may have been my imagination.

Get pyprocessing as a download here.
Or checkout the latest svn version here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2