Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Friday, 8 April 2011

Povwriter Library Now Launched (version 0.52)

After quite a bit of re-factoring I have announced the availability of my povwriter library for download/testing. The library has been found to work both Linux and Windows to date (both 64 bit, but that should not matter) and I've requested feedback from any Mac user prepared to give it a go. High on the to do list is to provide a means of selecting the template.pov file ('original.pov'). I will attempt to expand the list of stock templates, but think it might be nice to share (may'be I should have hosted the project on GitHub, these could easily be posted as a Gist), however integration with NetBeans to java.net is the thing that swung choice of host for me.
I've had a re-think on selecting the template file, as my templates are essentially complete pov files it is fairly natural to render them say 300 * 300 at medium resolution then from PovRAY gui or jEdit linux users save the preferred template as 'original.pov'. Alternatively I could produce a set of thumbnails with a separate chooser/saver?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2