Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Friday, 29 April 2011

Exploring Transparency in Povray

Here is yet another processing sketch using the hemesh library exported to PovRAY original here. I was interested to see how I could achieve the transparency of the original sketch. It seem that what you want to do, is replace "transparent colors" with "opaque colors" in the PovRAY file and use the transmit or filter settings to control the transparency see PovRAY file fragment:-
#declare ColourT0 = color rgbf< 92, 1, 1, 70>/255;
#declare ColourT0 = color rgb< 92, 1, 1>/255;    //becomes
texture{ pigment{ ColourT0 }
texture{ pigment{ ColourT0 transmit 0.7 }   // becomes

"reconstructed" processing sketch exported to povray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2