Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Tuesday, 11 January 2011

And now for something completely different (one for Guido and pythonistas)

Jonathan Feinberg (peasycam fame) has produced a workable python interface to processing. Whilst he is working on Eclipse integration, I've created a way to use JEdit as an ide.
Steps for installing processing.py here.
Get the JEdit files here, includes a bash script to run processing.py (you may wish to customize this script) from a single command (windows user will need an equivalent batch or cmd file?) and beanshell *.bsh macro to load the commando file.
Assumes you've got JEdit installed with a minimum of the console plugin to let you run commando files. Follow instructions at jEdit for installing commando and macro files. I placed my custom pyp5 script in the bin folder in my home folder (this is on my path).



Update 11th February 2011
I no longer change to sketch directory and now the data folder is recognized


One little wrinkle currently required when running from JEdit:-
where data from a file is required, the simple filename may need substituting with "data/filename" where filename is stored in data folder.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2