Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Saturday, 4 December 2010

Povray Raytracing a 3D Hilbert in processing

This is purely an idea at present however Dave Bollinger has done some excellent  groundwork. But there may be a simpler way such as exporting an object file for use in blender including the possible use of utilities in the supercad libraries by Guillame LaBelle. Even neater would be crack the code for a 3D Hilbert in StructureSynth (but that may not even be possible?). One advantage of the Dave Bollinger route is I would learn a lot about the syntax of a Povray file (povray rendering is much quicker than sunflow), however getting to grips  with blender will probably be a better long term solution...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2