Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Sunday, 22 November 2009

Lindenmayer systems to draw fractals

 For those of you like me interested in fractal art there is one reference I can really recommend and what is more you probably won't have to pay a penny for it.

Przemyslaw Prusinkiewicz
Aristid Lindenmayer
The Algorithmic Beauty of Plants
With
James S. Hanan
F. David Fracchia
Deborah Fowler
Martin J. M. de Boer
Lynn Mercer


Another book that you can probably afford to buy if it isn't in your library is

Fractals "Images of Chaos" by Hans Lauwerier, particularly interesting for those of you wanting to have a go at some "basic" programming, there are recipes for various fractals included.

There is also some pretty good stuff over at wikipedia:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-system

For my latest experiments with L-Systems and fractals all in ruby-processing (some using ruby-processing context-free DSL) checkout my ruby-processing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2