Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Friday, 2 October 2009

Towards Glide Symmetry

I've had a look at some of Mike Taperells lino patterns, and thought about how it might be nice to create some tesselated patterns using context free, along the line of some of the patterns seen in Islamic art. I'm not quite there yet but here is a promising start.


startshape start

background{b -1}

rule start{
4*{x 5} { 4*{y 5} element{s .7 y 0.6}}}

rule element{
  6*[r 60 x 2.3 y .6]
  glide{r 16}  
}

rule glide{
3*{r 120} arm { r 25 b 1 sat 1 hue 0}
}

rule arm {
CIRCLE {}
arm {hue  .9 b -.01 s .95 r 1 x .1}
} 



The image on the right was produced using the additional tile directive, namely:-
tile{ skew 15 15 r 15}
An interesting effect but not what I was after my rules need modifying to to make use of this cfdg wrinkle.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2