Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Friday, 10 July 2009

Graphical Alternative

Messing with inkscape for my previous blog reminded me of a little diversion I took, trying out a graphical tool to create similar images to those from a context free rule; using an entirely graphical tool. The software is a kind of plugin for Inkscape (kind off βeta but usable). The plugin in is even more in the βeta mould but usable, and may only work on linux.
The link is here http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphics/Gdadin-42074.shtml with the very necessary video tutorials starting here http://freaknet.org/alpt/src/gdadin/lessons/lesson1.html. I would say only try it out if you can't get your head around the cfdg rules, and would like to create similar art. Its probably 10 time quicker to write and test a set of cfdg rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2