Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Monday, 15 June 2009

Darrels Dreams

I enjoyed watching todays web cast, best bit was the Ira Greenberg story. I have to say I think Darrels boostrapped TMAs are a pretty whacky idea, down here in West Wales they would say he's been on the Waccy Baccy. In fact it brings to mind a general studies course I took at Surrey University back in the late 60's called "The Ethics of Social Change". Now we had some pretty radical ideas back then, but that was the 60's, including 'self assessment', 'meeting in the refectories instead of classrooms' etc. Interesting thing was for some reason members of a local seminary attended the course, but they played along with the idea of meeting in the refectories etc. The tutor chickened out on assesment in the end, and final assesment was based on an essay.

If like Don Quixote Darrel had been dreaming of windmills he ought check out this processing sketch at hascanvas.com (google?), which has nice surprise when you click your mouse over it, gently does it but more than once.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2