Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Thursday, 7 May 2009

Second Chunk

I've volunteered to create another chunk for the book, it is one of the five such chunks providing examples of the vertex function.
Heres the link http://martinpchunk42.blogspot.com/
In this chunk I will describe how to create line strips using vertex functions.The sketches will feature 'aesthetically' pleasing logarithmic spirals base on the Fibonacci series which approximates to the 'golden ratio' at limit.
Following one of Sharon Dawes postings I have cracked how to present my vim syntax highlighted code without double space. As Sharon noted when you enter you code into the blog line feeds are taken as a new html line, since vim correctly already puts a <br> at the end of each line, thats leads to double spaced lines, so now I've been removing it. As an extra refinement I'm now adding line numbering back into my syntax highlighted code, I'm a pretty poor vimmer but now I've found the :set nu command that gives line numbers (lacks the fancy look from the jEdit code2html plugin).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2