Recently I've been looking at Povray, pyprocessing, and cfdg (version 3.0) as tools for creating digital images. I have branched two separate blogs where I mainly explore jruby + processing and processing.py

Tuesday, 5 May 2009

New Blog for Ruby Processing

I have started a new blog to publish my experiments with ruby-processing http://learning-ruby-processing.blogspot.com
I have recently been developing some code in parallel (sometimes first in the processing ide, sometime first in ruby-processing) between java processing and ruby-processing, and java is just plain clunky....
Finally I have managed to convert my animated saucer/with dynamic starfield applet to ruby-processing (some crazy saucer shifting behaviour I've yet to understand, but otherwise works pretty well). After that exercise I reckon I could probably re-factor my java code, funny how programming in different languages can give different insights!!!
By the way if you didn't know it both netbeans and JEdit hava special features that support programming in ruby, probably thanks to jruby and the popularity of ruby on rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2